Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: The 3184 subs part 2....

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought a new CD player. Rotel RCD1072. Don't know squat about it, but now I have music again.

    The subs are awesome! Shorter than the 19's, so they hide well.

    These kick the **** out of my homemade ones with the 411's.

    So you guys who think 19's have great bass? Add some of these and start to grin!

    Best $300 I have spent in a long time.

    Ron

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    Turns out, this Rotel player is quite a fav. I'm using it as a transport...I guess I better give the internal DAC a listen.....

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member SD-50's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2005
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Rotel got some rav reviews when it came out a while back. Was on my short list, bought a Jolida CD-100 in the end.
    Cheers

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Jim Butler's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    121
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HI Ron,
    How much better than your 411's...?
    I've got a pair of 'em running as subs but have to admit the scale of those 18 inchers always caught my eye.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Jim,
    Of course it's subjective. But to me they go lower and have a more solid sound.
    However, I have my 411's in ported enclosures, not sealed.
    At any rate, for $375 delivered, I couldn't go wrong.
    Ron

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.